BacTech Raises $320,000 in Private Placement; Proposed Ponce Enriquez Bioleaching Site Now Selected
Thursday, September 23rd, 2021
TORONTO, ON., September 23, 2021 – BacTech Environmental Corporation (OTC:BCCEF, CSE:BAC) (“BacTech or the Company”), a commercially proven environmental technology company delivering effective biomining metal recovery and eco-friendly remediation solutions, announced today that it has received commitments totaling $320,000 to complete a private placement (the “Private Placement”) of 3,200,000 units (the “Units”) in the Company.
Each Unit, priced at $0.10 per Unit, is comprised of one common share (each a “Share”) and one common share purchase warrant (each a “Warrant”) in the capital of the Company. Each whole Warrant will entitle the holder to acquire one additional common share (a “Warrant Share”) in the capital of the Company at a price of $0.20 for a period of two years from the date the Units are issued. If during the exercise period of the Warrants the Company’s shares trade at $0.40 per share or higher for a period of 20 consecutive trading days on the CSE, the Company may provide notice in writing to the holders of the Warrants that the expiry date will be accelerated 30 days from the date of providing such notice (the “Early Acceleration”).
“Things are moving quickly with our Ponce Enriquez bioleaching project and other recently announced developments,” said Ross Orr, President and CEO of BacTech. “This capital injection is being raised with strategic investors to ensure Feasibility Study expediency and that the Permitting process gets underway. We’ve now optioned a parcel of land in the Ponce Enriquez vicinity to host our proposed plant, and payment for the property will be made once we have a positive Feasibility Study in hand.”
About the Ponce Enriquez Bioleaching Project
BacTech is planning to build its new owner-operated bioleaching facility in Ponce Enriquez, Ecuador, in a region where arsenic is well-known to exist in the gold ore. The Company’s plan is to build a 50 tpd bioleach plant capable of treating high gold/arsenic material. A 50 tpd plant, processing 1.5 ounces of gold per tonne of feed, similar to feeds available to the Company, would produce approximately 26,000 ounces per year. Plant designs are modular and can be expanded without affecting ongoing production.
BacTech continues to investigate the prospects of establishing additional modern mining operations across other areas of Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, and Central America. Where possible, the Company will partner with national and local governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and others to assist with the funding of these projects.
About BacTech Environmental Corporation
BacTech is a proven environmental technology company, delivering effective and eco-friendly biomining and remediation solutions to commercial operations to smartly process and recover preferred metals (gold, silver, cobalt, and copper) and safely remove and transform harmful contaminants like arsenic into benign EPA-approved products for landfill. Tapping into numerous environmental and economic advantages of its proprietary method of bioleaching, BacTech uses naturally occurring bacteria, harmless to both humans and the environment, to neutralize toxic mining sites with high-pay potential. BacTech is publicly traded on the CSE under the symbol “BAC” and on the OTC as “BCCEF”.
Additional Press Releases & News:
- BacTech Announces Listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange 21-10-21
- BacTech Announces Close of Oversubscribed Private Placement 15-10-21
- BacTech Raises $320,000 in Private Placement; Proposed Ponce Enriquez Bioleaching Site Now Selected 23-09-21
- BacTech Announces Growth Plans to Expand IP and Commercial Bioleaching Applications Development 22-09-21
- BacTech Announces AGM Results 16-09-21
- BacTech Announces Successful TCLP Testing Results; Confirms Long-Term Environmental Stability of Ferric Arsenate Precipitate as Ecuador Gold Project Advances 30-08-21
- SolGold Ecuador Vice President and Government Relations Lead Andrew Taunton Joins BacTech as Strategic Advisor 19-08-21
- BacTech Adds Bioleaching and Mine Remediation Expert Dr. Nadia Mykytczuk to the Company’s Strategic Advisory Board 16-08-21
- BacTech Signs Engineering Firm to Begin Independent Feasibility Study for the Ponce Enriquez Project 28-07-21
- BacTech Moves Program Forward on Strong Gold Recovery Results from Commercial Bioleach Testing 19-07-21
- BacTech Initiates Search for Engineering Group to Conduct an Independent Feasibility Study on Proposed Bioleaching Facility in Ecuador 29-06-21
- BacTech Announces Bioleach Test Work Completion 24-06-21
- BacTech Environmental Provides Corporate Update 11-05-21
- BacTech Names Timothy Lewin New Chairman of the Board 29-04-21
- BacTech Signs Collaborative Agreement MOU to Provide Processing for African Concentrates 26-04-21