BacTech Names Timothy Lewin New Chairman of the Board
Thursday, April 29th, 2021
TORONTO, ON., April 29 2021 – The Board of Directors of BacTech Environmental Corporation (OTC:BCCEF, CSE:BAC)(“BacTech or the Company”), a commercially proven environmental technology company delivering effective and eco-friendly biomining and remediation solutions, today announced the appointment of the Honourable Timothy (Tim) Lewin as Chairman of the Board. He replaces outgoing Chairman John Gingerich who submitted his resignation to focus on personal business interests.
Mr. Lewin is a former Commodities Trader from London, England with more than thirty-five years of industry and management experience. Tim’s trading knowledge began on the floor of the Commodity Exchanges in London before broadening over time to encompass most physical commodities, including gold and LME-traded metals. In 1992 his proprietary company was one of the first to be engaged by the UK Government and sent to the post-Soviet Union to lend support on commodity trading to the “economy in transition”. In the past Tim served on the Bank of England market monitoring committee and has been a member of the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investments since its creation in the late 1980s.
Mr. Lewin was elected to the Board of BacTech Environmental on July 3, 2014 as a representative of Option 3, a London, England based investment group. Option 3 remains the largest single shareholder of BacTech at this time. Recently, Mr. Lewin purchased a 482,000-share equity stake in BacTech.
“Tim’s history in the commodity trading field, including in Latin America, provides BacTech with valuable experience as we push towards producing gold and silver at Ponce Enriquez,” said Ross Orr, BacTech President and CEO. “His actions speak to the confidence he has in our tech and the desire to see the company recognized as a highly profitable environmental game-changer.”
“Being intimately familiar with the Company’s vision, I see a massive commercial opportunity to capitalize on in Ecuador and other regions of the world,” said Mr. Lewin. “We’re going to move with speed and purpose, building BacTech’s reputation and shareholder value through action.”
“We thank John and wish him well in his future endeavors,” added Orr. “He has been affiliated with BacTech for a number of years, providing leadership as Chairman for over a decade.
About BacTech Environmental Corporation
BacTech is a proven environmental technology company, delivering effective and eco-friendly biomining and remediation solutions to commercial operations to smartly process and recover preferred metals (gold, silver, cobalt, and copper) and safely remove and transform harmful contaminants like arsenic into benign EPA-approved products for landfill. Tapping into numerous environmental and economic advantages of its proprietary method of bioleaching, BacTech uses naturally occurring bacteria, harmless to both humans and the environment, to neutralize toxic mining sites with high-pay potential.
BacTech is in early discussions to build its new owner-operated bioleaching facility in Ponce Enriquez, Ecuador where arsenic is well-known to exist alongside gold mining and is investigating the prospects of establishing additional modern mining operations across other areas of Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, and Central America. Where possible, the Company will partner with national and local governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and others to assist with the funding of these projects. BacTech is publicly traded on the CSE under the symbol “BAC” and on the OTC as “BCCEF”.
For further information contact:
President & CEO, BacTech Environmental Corporation
416-813-0303 ext. 222,
Follow us on:
Special Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This news release contains “forward-looking information”, which may include, but is not limited to, statements with respect to future tailings sites, sampling or other investigations of tailing sites, the Company’s ability to make use of infrastructure around tailings sites or operating performance of the Company and its projects. Often, but not always, forward-looking statements can be identified using words such as “plans”, “expects”, “is expected”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “intends”, “anticipates”, or believes” or variations (including negative variations) of such words and phrases, or state that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results, performance, or achievements of the Company to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements contained herein are made as of the date of this news release and the Company disclaims, other than as required by law, any obligation to update any forward-looking statements whether because of new information, results, future events, circumstances, or if management’s estimates or opinions should change, or otherwise. There can be no assurance that forward-looking statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Accordingly, the reader is cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements.
Shares outstanding: 138,112,204
The Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE) has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or the accuracy of the contents of this release.
This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any of the shares, nor is it a solicitation of interest from a prospective investor.
Additional Press Releases & News:
- Find BacTech Environmental at PDAC, Booth #3239 March 3-6, 2024 14-02-24
- BacTech Provides a Follow-Up Update on Sudbury Pyrrhotite Tailings R&D Project 16-01-24
- BacTech Provides Financing Update 19-12-23
- BacTech Provides Update on Sudbury Pyrrhotite Tailings R&D Project for Clean Recovery of Metals 12-12-23
- BacTech to Raise $1M Through a Private Placement of Units 21-11-23
- BacTech Environmental Receives Final ESIA Permit Approval from Ecuadorian Government to Begin Development of Bioleach Processing Facility in Tenguel 18-11-23
- MIRARCO Secures Grant Money to Complete Pilot Testing BacTech Environmental Bioleaching IP for Nickel-Cobalt Recovery from Tailings 14-08-23
- BacTech Comments on Constitutional Court of Ecuador’s Temporary Suspension of Decree 754 03-08-23
- BacTech Engages Analytica Securities to Raise $US20M in Green/Social Bonds for the Tenguel Project 26-07-23
- BacTech Environmental Establishes Sustainable Bond Framework to Finance Ecuador Bioleach Project 24-07-23
- BacTech Environmental Joins Ontario Government Delegation at Green Expo 2023 in Mexico City and Monterrey 29-06-23
- BacTech Environmental Provides Corporate Update 16-06-23
- BacTech Environmental Engages Moneta Advisory Partners; Wall Street Veterans Marc LoPresti and Jon Najarian to Help Drive Investor Awareness Program 15-06-23
- President of Ecuador Signs Community Consultation Process Decree; Clears Path for BacTech Environmental to Pursue Final Major Permit 01-06-23
- BacTech to Present at the Sequire Investor Summit in Puerto Rico 20-04-23