BacTech Environmental Receives Letter of Support from Ecuador
Tuesday, May 28th, 2019
BacTech Environmental Corporation (“BacTech or the Company”) (CSE:BAC, US-OTC:BCCEF)
today announced that it has received a letter of support from the Minister of Environment for
Ecuador. The letter, which is attached as an English translation, arose as a result of a visit to the
Ministry in January of this year. The original Spanish letter will be posted on the Company’s
website. At the meeting, BacTech revealed its plans to target areas of high arsenic
mineralization associated with gold mining in Ecuador. BacTech’s proprietary bioleach
technology produces a benign ferric arsenate from the active arsenic in the concentrates and
At present, high arsenic concentrates produced in Ecuador are sold to the Asian market under
severe financial penalty. BacTech is investigating the construction of an in-country bioleach
circuit to offer better prices than currently being paid to the miners as well as engaging the
local population through a cleaner environment and employment opportunities.
“We are pleased to have the support of the Ecuadorian Ministry of Environment. In fact, we
have had very positive support from other Ministries that we have engaged over the past year
as well. The government can see the benefits of mining, but they are determined to only allow
it under very strict environmental standards. We feel that the social impact on mining in certain
areas of Ecuador will be enhanced through the use of bioleaching as a processor of
concentrates. Again, we would like to thank Minister Mata for his support,” said Ross Orr,
President and CEO of BacTech.
Quito, May 07, 2019
In relation to the project of the environmental remediation based on your technology of recovery of mining
waste materials using organic bacteria presented to the Ministry of Environment in the past days, I
reiterate the intention of this portfolio of State to support all initiatives, public or private, that complies with
our policy of improvement in the environment, as well as environmental friendly technology.
As is public knowledge, the country carries out a policy of openness and support to all investment,
national or foreign, that contributes to the development of the country, framed in compliance with the
regulations in force. The project presented by you is of great interest because of the benefits of the
project, which would seem to help achieve the goals of sustainable and environmentally friendly
development in an area of great national interest.
Therefore, we express our interest in your project, being sure that it will be developed, if applicable, with
the greatest adherence to the legislation and interest of Ecuador.
Ministry of Environment
The Telamayu project involves the environmental remediation of the “Antiguo” tailings with an
option on the larger “Nuevo” tailings, both situated at the Telamayu Mill site near the town of
Atocha in the Department of Potosi, Bolivia.
A second project entails BacTech investigating the use of bioleach processing to treat historic
arsenic tailings and arsenopyrite concentrates produced in the Ponce Enriquez area of Southern
Finally, BacTech has recently agreed to participate with a group looking to reprocess the
Arsenic Stockpile in Snow Lake, Manitoba.
For further information contact: Ross Orr, President & CEO, BacTech Environmental
Corporation/ 416-813-0303 ext. 222, Cell 416-346-5529 and
Robin Cook, Investor Relations: 416-809-1738, Email: email@example.com
Follow us on:
Special Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This news release contains “forward-looking information”, which may include, but is not limited
to, statements with respect to future tailings sites, sampling or other investigations of tailing
sites, the Company’s ability to make use of infrastructure around tailings sites or operating
performance of the Company and its projects. Often, but not always, forward-looking statements
can be identified using words such as “plans”, “expects”, “is expected”, “budget”, “scheduled”,
“estimates”, “forecasts”, “intends”, “anticipates”, or believes” or variations (including negative
variations) of such words and phrases, or state that certain actions, events or results “may”,
“could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved. Forward-looking statements
involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual
results, performance or achievements of the Company to be materially different from any future
results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements.
Forward-looking statements contained herein are made as of the date of this news release and the
Company disclaims, other than as required by law, any obligation to update any forward-looking
statements whether because of new information, results, future events, circumstances, or if
management’s estimates or opinions should change, or otherwise. There can be no assurance that
forward-looking statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could
differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Accordingly, the reader is cautioned
not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements.
Shares outstanding: 96,903,756
The Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE) has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility
for the adequacy or the accuracy of the contents of this release.
Additional Press Releases & News:
- Find BacTech Environmental at PDAC, Booth #3239 March 3-6, 2024 14-02-24
- BacTech Provides a Follow-Up Update on Sudbury Pyrrhotite Tailings R&D Project 16-01-24
- BacTech Provides Financing Update 19-12-23
- BacTech Provides Update on Sudbury Pyrrhotite Tailings R&D Project for Clean Recovery of Metals 12-12-23
- BacTech to Raise $1M Through a Private Placement of Units 21-11-23
- BacTech Environmental Receives Final ESIA Permit Approval from Ecuadorian Government to Begin Development of Bioleach Processing Facility in Tenguel 18-11-23
- MIRARCO Secures Grant Money to Complete Pilot Testing BacTech Environmental Bioleaching IP for Nickel-Cobalt Recovery from Tailings 14-08-23
- BacTech Comments on Constitutional Court of Ecuador’s Temporary Suspension of Decree 754 03-08-23
- BacTech Engages Analytica Securities to Raise $US20M in Green/Social Bonds for the Tenguel Project 26-07-23
- BacTech Environmental Establishes Sustainable Bond Framework to Finance Ecuador Bioleach Project 24-07-23
- BacTech Environmental Joins Ontario Government Delegation at Green Expo 2023 in Mexico City and Monterrey 29-06-23
- BacTech Environmental Provides Corporate Update 16-06-23
- BacTech Environmental Engages Moneta Advisory Partners; Wall Street Veterans Marc LoPresti and Jon Najarian to Help Drive Investor Awareness Program 15-06-23
- President of Ecuador Signs Community Consultation Process Decree; Clears Path for BacTech Environmental to Pursue Final Major Permit 01-06-23
- BacTech to Present at the Sequire Investor Summit in Puerto Rico 20-04-23